Parkside provides many activities for students and families. These are voluntary opportunities and provide activities that will enhance the students’ learning and create an environment that develops them into highly successful citizens.
Field Trip Opportunities
- Kindergarten – Trip to the zoo. Visit Kercher’s Orchard.
- First Grade – Visits the Rieth Interpretive Center
- Second Grade – Visits Goshen Cancer Center and Rieth Interpretive Center
- Third Grade – Field trips vary
- Fourth Grade – Merry Lea to study the Rock Unit and the Maple syrup festival
- Fifth Grade – Tour of Goshen Middle School, Camp Friedenswald, Silver Hawks game
After School Opportunities
- Competitive Chess Club – Meets once a week
- Grade Level Parent/Guardian Orientations
- Book Fairs – Twice a year (spring & fall)
- Math Bowl Team – Meets in January and February to prepare for the March Math Bowl Competition.
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade– Running Club
- 4th and 5th Grade – Soccer and Track
- 5th Grade – Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball
- 5th Grade – Girls Volleyball