A small neighborhood school, Parkside is one of six elementary schools in the Goshen Community School Corporation. The Parkside staff strives to identify and address the needs of all students, encourages family and community involvement, creates a positive learning environment and continues to grow and develop professionally.
Family & Community Involvement
As a mission of our PL221 Plan and to encourage family and community involvement, Parkside provides a monthly family and community event. These events are called “Parkside Presents” and are held on the second Thursday of each month. Activities range from a Poetry Coffeehouse to a roller skating party and are provided by the staff and Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO). When you attend one of these events, you will find 200 students, parents and community members enjoying the camaraderie.
The Parkside PTO sponsors an annual rose sale. Approximately 1,100 dozen roses are sold by students, staff and community members with participation being voluntary. The profit from this 75 year old tradition buys playground equipment for the school and educational supplies for teachers.
Our Mission at Parkside Elementary
- Creates a positive atmosphere for learning.
- Encourages family and community involvement.
- Provides opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Recognizes and addresses the needs of all students.
As a member of the Parkside School Community, I Pledge to:
- Be responsible for my choices.
- Cooperate and behave with respect.
- Talk and listen with respect.
- Treat property with respect.